• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stripper Claiming Boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nalick

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My girlfriend is a stripper. She receives her money directly from the customers and never any from the club. Actually she pays the club money for every dance, but people hand her money freely all of the time that she doesn't have to pay out on. Every week she brought home at least $1000. Sometimes she would make that in one night. Sometimes she would make $20. She didn't keep track. But all together we figured she only made 36-42k because every months she would make no less than 4000 and no more than 6000. She had to pay $20 for parking every night and never got any receipts. On top of that she drove 3 hours round trip to work but never kept her gas receipts. Still a valid write off?

I have had no job except to accompany her on every trip to work. I began living with her one month prior to her stripping. She stripped for the last 8 months of 2004. She worked at Nissan for 2 weeks ending one month before stripping and got one paycheck in the amount of $380. She never received a tax form from them. She has had a total time of 3 1/2 months unemployed. I haven't had a job for the entire year. She supported me for 9 months and I was with my parents before.

She has terrible credit and no bank account. I put all of our living expenditures in my name and through my bank account. In 05 I recently put her new car in my name with her as the co borrower and forced her to open a bank account. We are both clueless about how to file? Hope I didn't lay it out too scattered. All advise appreciated!

Shay-Pari'e

Nalick said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My girlfriend is a stripper. She receives her money directly from the customers and never any from the club. Actually she pays the club money for every dance, but people hand her money freely all of the time that she doesn't have to pay out on. Every week she brought home at least $1000. Sometimes she would make that in one night. Sometimes she would make $20. She didn't keep track. But all together we figured she only made 36-42k because every months she would make no less than 4000 and no more than 6000. She had to pay $20 for parking every night and never got any receipts. On top of that she drove 3 hours round trip to work but never kept her gas receipts. Still a valid write off?

I have had no job except to accompany her on every trip to work. I began living with her one month prior to her stripping. She stripped for the last 8 months of 2004. She worked at Nissan for 2 weeks ending one month before stripping and got one paycheck in the amount of $380. She never received a tax form from them. She has had a total time of 3 1/2 months unemployed. I haven't had a job for the entire year. She supported me for 9 months and I was with my parents before.

She has terrible credit and no bank account. I put all of our living expenditures in my name and through my bank account. In 05 I recently put her new car in my name with her as the co borrower and forced her to open a bank account. We are both clueless about how to file? Hope I didn't lay it out too scattered. All advise appreciated!

Do you even know how to call the IRS hot line? You cannot possibly be this dense.

OMG this is a post for IAAL.

A

absconder

Buddy shes paid in cash from the CUSTOMERS correct? The business doesnt pay her at all............NOW think real long and hard about this b4 you file ok. Shes paid nothing into Taxes or SS or state taxes. Think man Think. Now the $380 from nissan was reported. :D

ablessin

I think since she's had cash and no receipts, her income is going to be hard pressed to prove to anyone.

Does she make a base salary (like a waitress would) - if so that is claim-able.

I think as long as you earn under a certain dollar amount ($600 I think) you don't have to claim it as income.

So, if Nissan only paid $380 - she doesn't probably have to claim it - I am not 100% sure, so please double check on this.

If I was her, I'd be nervous to have all that cash and no bank account to put it in..... is she hiding from someone by not having a bank account?

care716

If she makes a base salary like a waitress, she would also have to claim a percentage of her tips which varies. If she claims too low or not at all the IRS COULD audit her and she could get herself in some costly trouble. Yes it's unlikely they would, but it is a chance, I know that there have been cases where waitresses have underclaimed and suffered due to this. Supporting you would not be an issue I don't believe since you are not married, it'd be great if I could get credit tho for all the...I've supported in the past...hmmm the returns I'd get. Ok seriously tho I would call the IRS hotline, but couldn't she also check with some of the other girls she works with as to how they claim? If she doesn't get a paycheck by the club, it would be hard for the IRS to catch up with her, but she could also be considered as an Independent Contractor. And if she listed an income as a co-borrower and they got a hold of that, that may be an issue. You know you could also talk to an accountant...

Snipes5

Holy Crap!

What is it, a full moon? A crazy post and a moronathon afterward.

You know, it really is absolutely NO help at all to the OP if people post what they think "might" be true. The OP can find out what the law "might" be from his Uncle Guido or his Aunt Shirley's cousin Bob.

Now to the topic at hand:

If you are indeed insistent upon filing a tax return, you will need to in some way document her income for your records. Using a calendar is often helpful. You can write down the dates she worked, and approximate amounts she earned, mileage driven, etc.

The income will go on a Schedule C, and will be subject to self employment. If her income is $40,000, the self employment alone will be about $6000. There will be income tax on top of that, approximately another $6000. Hope she put a lot of those bucks in the bank.

Further, if she intends to continue to do this, she may want to seek employment elsewhere, because I have a strong suspicion that the IRS will take a profound interest in her employer and co-workers once they get this return. There is undoubtedly a VAST untapped quantity of taxable income not being reported there.

Snipes

LdiJ

Snipes5 said:
Holy Crap!

What is it, a full moon? A crazy post and a moronathon afterward.

You know, it really is absolutely NO help at all to the OP if people post what they think "might" be true. The OP can find out what the law "might" be from his Uncle Guido or his Aunt Shirley's cousin Bob.

Now to the topic at hand:

If you are indeed insistent upon filing a tax return, you will need to in some way document her income for your records. Using a calendar is often helpful. You can write down the dates she worked, and approximate amounts she earned, mileage driven, etc.

The income will go on a Schedule C, and will be subject to self employment. If her income is $40,000, the self employment alone will be about $6000. There will be income tax on top of that, approximately another $6000. Hope she put a lot of those bucks in the bank.

Further, if she intends to continue to do this, she may want to seek employment elsewhere, because I have a strong suspicion that the IRS will take a profound interest in her employer and co-workers once they get this return. There is undoubtedly a VAST untapped quantity of taxable income not being reported there.

Snipes
I will add a little bit to that. The taxes won't be quite that high because she has some signficant expenses involved in her "business". Mileage is one since she has a three hour round trip to perform. I would assume that costumes and some personal care expenses would be involved as well. The "rent" that she must pay the establishment, and the parking are also expenses. If she drives 150 miles 3 days a week for 52 weeks, that is 23,400 miles x 37.5 cents per mile or $8775.00

While she is getting hints that filing a tax return may not be necessary, I would like to point out that unless you have taxable wages for social security and medicare purposes, you don't become eligible for either when you retire. The more wages shown and taxes paid in the closer a person gets to the maximum benefits. Therefore, besides the fact that the law requires a person to report their income and pay their taxes, there is a long term benefit to the person as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">