• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended in Illinois, Want to Move to Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vpugh79

Illinois. I have 1 year to go on a 3-year suspension for not taking the breath test during an alcohol-related pull-over. I was admitted into a program; I graduated from the program; the charges have been dropped and the case is completely closed. I have 13 more months to wait until the Secretary of State's office of Illinois reinstates my driving privileges.

I want to know if I would be eligible to drive in another state if I take up residence there. I found a job and a place to live in Wisconsin. If I take up residency there, will I be able to obtain a driver's license there?

Just Blue

Illinois. I have 1 year to go on a 3-year suspension for not taking the breath test during an alcohol-related pull-over. I was admitted into a program; I graduated from the program; the charges have been dropped and the case is completely closed. I have 13 more months to wait until the Secretary of State's office of Illinois reinstates my driving privileges.

I want to know if I would be eligible to drive in another state if I take up residence there. I found a job and a place to live in Wisconsin. If I take up residency there, will I be able to obtain a driver's license there?
This has nothing to do with Tax Law. Delete this thread and post in Drunk Driving Forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">