• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Advise Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Qazadoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas...I owed taxes from cashing in my IRA in 2006...I have been un-employed for 3 years since then...I have no assets and live with my 87 year old father who has put me on his CD's and accounts that he retired on...I am worried that IRS can take my Dad's money due to my failure...Please HELP with advise...Should he completely remove me from all of his assets???...He put me on his accounts in case he passed away....PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH ADVISE...Service companys want to charge me 4,000 to help me...Of course I have no such funds...

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas...I owed taxes from cashing in my IRA in 2006...I have been un-employed for 3 years since then...I have no assets and live with my 87 year old father who has put me on his CD's and accounts that he retired on...I am worried that IRS can take my Dad's money due to my failure...Please HELP with advise...Should he completely remove me from all of his assets???...He put me on his accounts in case he passed away....PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH ADVISE...Service companys want to charge me 4,000 to help me...Of course I have no such funds...
**A: if you are a joint account holder, yes the IRS can lien or levy your interest in such funds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">