• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax or divorce law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patty25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARK

My EX is supposed to give my a copy of his taxes every year by order of our decree. We've been divorced since 2005. He has always been great about doing this. He's a corporate attorney making around $180,000. We were married 18 yrs. He was married this past Oct. Today when I received his taxes (a copy) EVERYTHING was blacked out except how much he's paid in alimony. I understand blacking out his current wife's ssn and her kids ssn and how much she has made. BUT no where does it show how much he made. He did include his W-2 but I have no idea how much more he has made in bonus money etc. Now he is refusing to give me a clean copy of his taxes. He and his wife filed "married filing separately on the same return". I don't even know what that means. I told him she should have known that he had to give me a copy of the taxes. It says he made 170,791 but is also says OTHER 7,235. I have no idea what the OTHER is. He pays 21% in child support. Is he supposed to pay on the money he puts in his retirement plan or the money his company gives him in Health Services? The give him $2200. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">