• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Form to file Federal TAX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Balaji G

What is the name of your state? JACKSON,MN

Hi,

I have submitted Form-1040 EZ for filing federal tax.

Later on i came to know that,I'm a non resident alien as per US tax procedures.

Do i need to submit FORM-1040-EZ-NR, by an amendment.

Please advice me, whether i need to make a amendment to change my submitted form.

Regards,
Balaji

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? JACKSON,MN

Hi,

I have submitted Form-1040 EZ for filing federal tax.

Later on i came to know that,I'm a non resident alien as per US tax procedures.

Do i need to submit FORM-1040-EZ-NR, by an amendment.

Please advice me, whether i need to make a amendment to change my submitted form.

Regards,
Balaji
Are you here on a specific type of visa that makes you a non-resident alien? Otherwise you could be a resident alien based on the physical presence test. See a tax professional on this one. Someone who is experienced with dealing with those types of returns.

Balaji G

Re

Im here in L-1 Visa, since nov-10,2007. Based on Physical presence test, im a non-resident alien.

Because of this, i have a doubt, whether i need to amend my tax form to IRS or not.

LdiJ

Im here in L-1 Visa, since nov-10,2007. Based on Physical presence test, im a non-resident alien.

Because of this, i have a doubt, whether i need to amend my tax form to IRS or not.
Then you should have filed a 1040 NR. How much did you actually earn in 2007?

Balaji G

Details of income

Thank you for your information.

I have earned $6190 in 2007 for 1month plus 20days.(50 days in 2007)
Should i Make an amendment using 1040X, ( Should i send 1040X as well as 1040NR ( or1040EZ-NR)) or only 1040X is suffiecient.

Please let me know the procedure.

Thanks and Regards
Balaji G

LdiJ

Thank you for your information.

I have earned $6190 in 2007 for 1month plus 20days.(50 days in 2007)
Should i Make an amendment using 1040X, ( Should i send 1040X as well as 1040NR ( or1040EZ-NR)) or only 1040X is suffiecient.

Please let me know the procedure.

Thanks and Regards
Balaji G
I honestly don't know the proceedure to change from a 1040 EZ to a 1040 NR. Its simply never come up for me. Hopefully someone else will know, but otherwise, you may need to contact the IRS.

Snipes5

To amend a 1040 to a 1040NR, you fill out an essentially blank 1040X. In the notes section you tell them that you are "amending form 1040 to 1040NR". You then attach a properly completed 1040NR.

Snipes

LdiJ

To amend a 1040 to a 1040NR, you fill out an essentially blank 1040X. In the notes section you tell them that you are "amending form 1040 to 1040NR". You then attach a properly completed 1040NR.

Snipes
Thank you Snipes and thank you for being here again. You have been missed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">