• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Fraud ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stillfallin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

So basically at the age of 18 my mothers boyfriend which my friends and myself worked for and were paid cash just doing remodel jobs. Mind you he was a millionaire and dating my mother decided to let him do my taxes. he said that he would put his company under my name and in return it would get me a greater return on my taxes and give me a better resume for later jobs after working with him right, mind you im 18 and i never graduated. So im like sure need money right better potential for future jobs with a better resume.
Well its like 8 years latter and i never seen that tax return and every time i file my taxes they take all my money (they being feds) well filed my taxes again this year and they took it all again. so im doing the math and at a estimated amount of 1,500-2,000 per year at 8 years of filing taxes that i paid and im not getting anything in return.
Ive contacted the person whom filed my taxes and told him im pissed you know what he did was wrong and that i will do everything in my power to make sure that he pays for what he did even if i have to take court papers to him personally i would because what he did was wrong.
Got him to agree that he was wrong and he agrees to pay me 2,000 for the problems he may have caused and that he wanted me to send him a contract reliving him of all legal obligations as long as he deposited 2,000 to my account. i faxed him the contract but i changed it to 4,200 because i felt that was more fair i mean look how much he already took from me the number is unknown at this time.
after he got the contract that i sent to him he said he would never agree to such terms and that agreeing to the terms would mean that he did things like tax fraud?
if someone could help me get some of that money you can have 1/2 idk
need help im getting f#@ked

cyjeff

First, learn how to write.

Second, it is INSULTING to offer us half. Anyone that takes you up on that is scamming you. I am guessing you learned NOTHING from this experience.

Third, you need to get a good tax attorney to review your return from that period.

Fourth, you need to understand that YOU signed the tax return. YOU took responsibility for what was in it. YOU stand an excellent chance of being held responsible.

Fifth, you may own a company... I would ask your attorney about it.

Sixth, don't sign ANYTHING... you don't know enough to even START negotiating a sum that will make you whole.

LdiJ

First, learn how to write.

Second, it is INSULTING to offer us half. Anyone that takes you up on that is scamming you. I am guessing you learned NOTHING from this experience.

Third, you need to get a good tax attorney to review your return from that period.

Fourth, you need to understand that YOU signed the tax return. YOU took responsibility for what was in it. YOU stand an excellent chance of being held responsible.

Fifth, you may own a company... I would ask your attorney about it.

Sixth, don't sign ANYTHING... you don't know enough to even START negotiating a sum that will make you whole.
I agree with all of this. I don't think that you even know how much you owe the IRS, and that, as well as a copy of the tax return (which you can get from the IRS) needs to be your starting point.

stillfallin

thanks for the blunt and direct honesty i guess

although i dont understand how offering 1/2 of what i get would result in me getting ripped off.
i just want a lil of what i am owed and i highly believe in paying someone for their help.

but thanks

LdiJ

although i dont understand how offering 1/2 of what i get would result in me getting ripped off.
i just want a lil of what i am owed and i highly believe in paying someone for their help.

but thanks
I understand, but it doesn't appear that you even know how much you owe the IRS based on that tax return. It could be 10 times what you have paid so far, or it could already be paid off.

You need to contact the IRS and get a tax return transcript for that year and an account transcript for that year. THEN you can consult an attorney with the necessary information in hand. If you have access to a fax machine the IRS can even fax you the transcripts.

cyjeff

but thanks
You still don't get it.

You were offered two grand. How do you know that number is right?

In fact, the simple truth that the guy that KNOWINGLY SCREWED YOU offered it should be a HUGE hint that the number is VERY wrong. After all, the only person that REALLY knows what liability you assumed is the GUY OFFERING YOU MONEY TO COMPLETELY ASSUME IT.

After all, he would cheat the IRS but not you... again... right?

Why would you think he WOULDN'T cheat you NOW that possible tax fraud is on the table?

Have I made this clear enough? Basically, you have been screwed and tattooed and you don't even realize this. Have you checked your credit rating lately? I am betting a long overdue tax penalty has absolutely screwed it into the ground.

You need an attorney... tomorrow. The opportunity to fix this may have already passed.

stillfallin

You still don't get it.

You were offered two grand. How do you know that number is right?

In fact, the simple truth that the guy that KNOWINGLY SCREWED YOU offered it should be a HUGE hint that the number is VERY wrong. After all, the only person that REALLY knows what liability you assumed is the GUY OFFERING YOU MONEY TO COMPLETELY ASSUME IT.

After all, he would cheat the IRS but not you... again... right?

Why would you think he WOULDN'T cheat you NOW that possible tax fraud is on the table?

Have I made this clear enough? Basically, you have been screwed and tattooed and you don't even realize this. Have you checked your credit rating lately? I am betting a long overdue tax penalty has absolutely screwed it into the ground.

You need an attorney... tomorrow. The opportunity to fix this may have already passed.
Unfortunately i dont have no where near enough money for a attorney or lawyer or anything which is why i came to a free advice website hence the word free.
And i know 2 grand is not the number of which he screwed me for and actually just this last time i filed my taxes i got paper work back saying that they (IRS or whoever) took my refund and the remaining balance owed is just under 500.00
i honestly dont want 10k+ or anything like that, all i want is enough to pay the IRS or whomever back the last 500 and have a lil left to pay some bills. and i know im stupid for not wanting all of what was took from me in the long run, nut like you all have said it may be too late and i might be SOL since i signed all the documents.
But im hoping for the best and karma might help me one day but any contact info for a good cheap attorney or something would be greatly appreciated

oh and i know i type like crap for the most part, but at least its not in all caps and not filled with spelling errors like i see from alot of people these days.

cyjeff

Talk to an attorney anyway.

You have an excellent chance of finding one that will be willing to work on contingency... in other words, they get paid when you get paid.

Odds are, all it will take will be a letter from such an attorney to get a MUCH larger check.

How much money, in total, do you believe has been lost?

davew128

So let me make sure I have the facts straight.

1) You still did not graduate from high school.
2) You have no idea what was or was not done.
3) You haven't spoken to the IRS about anything even though THEY are the ones taking your money.
4) You've waited 8 years to figure out there was a problem.
5) You really don't know what you're doing in the first place.

Did I miss anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">