• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcasiano

What is the name of your state? New York my question is how long can you claim your child on your tax forms see this is my case my son is 19 years old he is working full time and he did go to on line college for one year and two month can i claim him or what do i have to do ;)

abezon

You can claim him if he was a full time student for 5 months in 2004. "Full time" is determined by the educational institution. Also, you still have to be providing over 1/2 his support. Everything he earned & did not save is considered money he contributed to his own support. I doubt you supported him unless he saved lots of money.

mcasiano

tax help again

Thank you for your answer so quickly, now I have another question, What is concidered a full time student? The reason I ask is because my son was doing online class 1 once per week but was taken two classes per semester. Classes were once per week, first class was every Tuesday from 6-7 and the other class was taken every Tuesday 10-11. Would that be considered full time?? Thank you for your time!!! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">