• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Lawer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moncho12

What is the name of your state? The Name of my state is Florida. I am from FL but I Owe State Tax in california Tax Year 2000 can thy but a tax Liens on me.

abezon

CA will take your federal tax refund & maybe your state refund too. They can also garnish your wages.

Did you have your 2000 taxes professionally prepared? Are you sure you really owe as much as CA says you do? The CA FTB is notoriously greedy & prone to telling people they owe way more than they really do. Take your CA return AND every letter from the CA FTB to a tax pro & ask if they see any places your could have saved taxes. As long as you're paying on the bill, you can amend the underlying return to reduce the original debt, which also reduces the interest & penalties retroactively.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">