• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surplusbid

What is the name of your state? Indiana:

We are attempting to go back and correct our past tax 'mess'. Can you give some advice on the following:

History:
-I have not sent in returns for 2005, 2006...mostly because I cannot find my documents needed to file correctly, however: I realize that I must send in those returns and want to do so asap.
-in 2005, I was unemployed, but sold items online/ebay and did odd jobs. Therefore, 'self-employed' is likely the classification.
-We filed complete bankrutpcy: lost the house, cars, and only paid 3 house payments or so in 2005

Is it better to try and re-create documents to the best of my ability in order to have something on the return stated, or what is a better solution for the 2005 issue? 2006 will have decent documentation supporting it.

Thanks for your advice,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">