• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maggiemom63

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
Can I take deduct my health insurance premiums as part of my medical deductions on my taxes?

Antigone*

Can I take deduct my health insurance premiums as part of my medical deductions on my taxes?
If your medical expenses are not more than 7.5% of your adjusted gross income, then you cannot claim the deduction.

TinkerBelleLuvr

It also depends on whether your employer's plan is covered under a Section 125. You need to ask your employer if your contribution towards health care paid with PRE-tax dollars or AFTER-tax dollars.

If PRE-tax dollars, then you've already gotten your deduction - your contribution has already reduced your taxable income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">