• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxable Pell Grant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikey&Abby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am getting my income tax in order so I can apply for the Pell Grant way before the deadline. My Form 1098T says I received $800 more over the "qualified tuition and related expenses." I am a full time student. Should I claim $800 as income? I bought books and other related school supplies. I live at home.

Thanks,
Abby

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am getting my income tax in order so I can apply for the Pell Grant way before the deadline. My Form 1098T says I received $800 more over the "qualified tuition and related expenses." I am a full time student. Should I claim $800 as income? I bought books and other related school supplies. I live at home.

Thanks,
Abby
I think you are ok on that. You don't need to start claiming income unless you have grants or scholarships that cover living expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">