• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes on eBay purchases?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Backstreetzafu

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I'm seeking some tax advice. I purchase goods on eBay, and I'm wondering if I have to pay tax on those items when I file my taxes later this year? I live in Ohio in case things are different from state to state.

Any information or help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

LdiJ

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I'm seeking some tax advice. I purchase goods on eBay, and I'm wondering if I have to pay tax on those items when I file my taxes later this year? I live in Ohio in case things are different from state to state.

Any information or help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!
What kind of tax are you talking about?

FlyingRon

Yes, if you purchase something that would have been subject to sales tax had you bought it in state, you owe use tax on it. Ohio has a special form (VP USE) that you can file to pay it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">