• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes with freelancing...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elextus

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hey everyone how are things goin? Im trying to make a bit of money on the web and I am trying to do things under my SSN instead of registering a business. The only problem I do not know how to go about is I am making some money, we'll just say 500 a month. But I have to spend say 250 a month to make this. The 500 a month gets reported to the government via a w9 i filled out for the company that pays me (at least I think that's the main purpose of a w9?) I am wondering how I go about paying taxes on just what I'm profiting. I don't wanna end up getting stuck paying taxes for 500 when I only profited 250. I am 16 years old, 17 soon and living in New Jersey. I would get a business so things would be easier but neither of my parents want to cosign. So I am stuck with having to run things off my SSN as a freelancer. I appreciate anything to help push me up and start succeeding as a young businessman. Thanks again,

Bryan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">