• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes on Hotmail account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktxyz

What is the name of your state? New York

I have had a trouble with MSN about a hotmail account for three years. Their basic service is $19.95 for a year, but they charged different kinds of tax without any explanations. The total is about $1.67, and the rates are 4%, 4% and 0.38% this year.(every year they are different slightly.)

I asked them what these taxes are by calling to as many as 10 operators and writing to them 10 times. But they didn’t know what they are. Some guys said tax is tax and pay it ignoring my question, and others said I should contact the state tax bureau. I called them and rode on a merry go round to talk because they didn’t know an individual case.

Today, I called the credit card company to help me to know these taxes. Then she contacted an operator of MSN of the billing department in the same line. The MSN operator said the tax is the state tax, you have to pay, while she said she didn’t have any further information when I asked her to explain what taxes they are. I disagreed. Then, the line was transferred to the supervisor, Jennifer. She didn’t know anything, either. She said she is not trained to know them and repeated the same things: tax is tax, I have to pay, or call the state tax bureau.

Are they reasonable? If not, where should I contact?

seniorjudge

ktxyz said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I have had a trouble with MSN about a hotmail account for three years. Their basic service is $19.95 for a year, but they charged different kinds of tax without any explanations. The total is about $1.67, and the rates are 4%, 4% and 0.38% this year.(every year they are different slightly.)

I asked them what these taxes are by calling to as many as 10 operators and writing to them 10 times. But they didn’t know what they are. Some guys said tax is tax and pay it ignoring my question, and others said I should contact the state tax bureau. I called them and rode on a merry go round to talk because they didn’t know an individual case.

Today, I called the credit card company to help me to know these taxes. Then she contacted an operator of MSN of the billing department in the same line. The MSN operator said the tax is the state tax, you have to pay, while she said she didn’t have any further information when I asked her to explain what taxes they are. I disagreed. Then, the line was transferred to the supervisor, Jennifer. She didn’t know anything, either. She said she is not trained to know them and repeated the same things: tax is tax, I have to pay, or call the state tax bureau.

Are they reasonable? If not, where should I contact?

Q: If not, where should I contact?

A: A free e-mail site. You're talking about $1.67 a year. You've spent more than that in the time and trouble calling people and posting here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">