• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Property Taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Not sure if anyone here can help me. I'm behind in my property taxes. I'm trying to scrape up the money and I'll be in good shape in 4 months but they need to be paid now.

I've been contacted by 3 agencies who say they will pay them for me, then I pay them back, like a loan.

It just seems sketchy to me and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it?

Not sure if I can list the domains of the companies here so I will save that unless someone asks, if so I'll list all 3 so no one thinks I'm trying to solicit.

I don't trust anything I get in the mail.

Country Living

By behind, I'm assuming you didn't pay your 2008 taxes. Go to your tax office immediately, tell them your situation, and ask if you qualify for split payments or some other payment plan. There may not be a lot of options at this late date.

They may have already taken steps to have an outside party collect the taxes or to put a lien on your property. This is why it's critical you talk to them immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">