• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas - Tax Refund Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nautical_boy

Texas - I am currently involved in a divorce and we are filling a joint tax return. Neither one of us will allow the refund to be direct deposited into the other ones account. We are going to get a check in both names sent out. QUESTION: In texas, since we are currently married, is she allowed to sign my name on the check to get it cashed. We have never had a joint account. It has always been seperate. If for some reason she can get a check cashing place to cash it without my signature, do I have any recourse? Wouldn't that be fraud? I do not want to do the immediate refund, due to my wife filed personal bankruptcy while we were married and that would put both our names on something at the bank...correct? We have never had anything joint to this point, so her bankruptcy should not show up on my credit report...right? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">