• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thinking of Quitting Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grawny

Hi, I live in Pennsylvania. Currently I have a friend who's been gifting me money to help me live in my small apartment. My real life job i've been starting to hate, so I've been thinking of quitting it so that I can finally focus on what I really want to do with my life, which is learn to program. I wouldnt be making money from this endeavor, but I'd still be given money from my friend. Would this cause a problem when I try to fill out my taxes next year, the fact that I don't have a job? Sorry for the awkward question.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi, I live in Pennsylvania. Currently I have a friend who's been gifting me money to help me live in my small apartment. My real life job i've been starting to hate, so I've been thinking of quitting it so that I can finally focus on what I really want to do with my life, which is learn to program. I wouldnt be making money from this endeavor, but I'd still be given money from my friend. Would this cause a problem when I try to fill out my taxes next year, the fact that I don't have a job? Sorry for the awkward question.
You will be a homemaker at that time BUT you will still have income from this year which means you will hve to file.

LdiJ

What do you mean by "cause a problem"?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why can't you learn to program while you work? After you know how to program and have some job prospects lined up, THEN quit.

davew128

Apparently in Grawny's world, no unmarried people ever live together with one of the parties not working.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">