• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Three state return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vikasm25

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I have a complicated situation with my tax. Turbotax and TaxACT has not been helpful.

The company I work for is based in Minnesota. I lived for first 9 month in the state of Colorado and next 3 month in California.

My company made a mistake and deducted tax for Minnesota state for first few months.
So my w-2 has three state Minnesota, Colorado and California. Although I was part year resident of Colorado and California only.

I tried using turbo tax, but it isn't getting me all the tax I have paid to Minnesota. I feel I should get 100 % return from Minnesota as I never lived there.

I will really appreciate any help.What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I have a complicated situation with my tax. Turbotax and TaxACT has not been helpful.

The company I work for is based in Minnesota. I lived for first 9 month in the state of Colorado and next 3 month in California.

My company made a mistake and deducted tax for Minnesota state for first few months.
So my w-2 has three state Minnesota, Colorado and California. Although I was part year resident of Colorado and California only.

I tried using turbo tax, but it isn't getting me all the tax I have paid to Minnesota. I feel I should get 100 % return from Minnesota as I never lived there.

I will really appreciate any help.What is the name of your state?
This is a question that has been asked over and over again.

Its very tricky to do multiple state returns yourself. Online software often doesn't handle them well and errors often get made. You really need to see a tax professional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">