• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for Expired inspection sticker (NY)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drl1061

What is the name of your state? New York

My last inspection was on 11/11/05. On 12/2/05, I found a ticket on my parked car ($65) for an expired registration sticker. The next day (on 12/3/05), I got a new inspection sticker.

Since my inspection sticker had expired only shortly before, is there anything I can do? Would appreciate any experience someone might have. I must make a plea (guilty or not) soon. Thanks
:)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

drl1061 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

My last inspection was on 11/11/05. On 12/2/05, I found a ticket on my parked car ($65) for an expired registration sticker. The next day (on 12/3/05), I got a new inspection sticker.

Since my inspection sticker had expired only shortly before, is there anything I can do? Would appreciate any experience someone might have. Thanks
:)

**A: yes, one thing you can do is pay the fine.

drl1061

note on last reply

Obviously I can pay the fine. Is there anything else I can do? Someone told me (I don't know if they were correct) that if inspection had only just expired, I could get an inspection and then not get the fine, or some such thing. Is that true?

HomeGuru

drl1061 said:
Obviously I can pay the fine. Is there anything else I can do? Someone told me (I don't know if they were correct) that if inspection had only just expired, I could get an inspection and then not get the fine, or some such thing. Is that true?

**A: it is only true if you go to court to contest the fine and the judge had great sex the night before, is feeling good and gives you a break.

drl1061

Closing comment on my expired registration sticker

Thanks for the feedback. I called a relative who's a lawyer, who alos told me that he knows of no such law and that he further believed that the judge has no 'discretion' on the amount of the fine. And even if he would lower the fine, it wouldn't be worth my time anyway. So I guess that's that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">