• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turbotax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Apgregg

Turbo tax

I live in Texas and about 3 days before I was going to file my actual correct taxes through turbo tax, I got an email saying thank you for filing your taxes. Nightmare..... We are owed about 11 grand, filed everything with Irs in March of 2015. It is now February of 2016 and not resolved . Just received letter from Irs stating they were not at fault ... And take it up with turbo tax. Who can help me?

FlyingRon

You haven't explained what exactly you are talking about. If TurboTax miscomputed what you owe, you owe whatever tax you legitimately owe. You don't get a pass with the IRS just because you used TurboTax and TurboTax doesn't really have any liability for the tax you legitimately owed that they didn't tell you to remit. Now if there was interest or penalty on it (and if we're talking 2015 taxes, there shouldn't be at this point), MAYBE TurboTax ought to pay it (a legitimate tax prerparer would). If you think that the IRS is wrong, I suggest you consult a REAL tax preperation person (someone who operates other than between February and April 15).

Otherwise, you'll have to be more specific in what is going on here.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I live in Texas and about 3 days before I was going to file my actual correct taxes through turbo tax, I got an email saying thank you for filing your taxes. Nightmare..... We are owed about 11 grand, filed everything with Irs in March of 2015. It is now February of 2016 and not resolved . Just received letter from Irs stating they were not at fault ... And take it up with turbo tax. Who can help me?
What did TurboTax say when you called and asked them your question? :cool:

single317dad

We're going to need some more information, starting with who filed your taxes using your email address, and a more thorough explanation of the IRS's response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">