• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

U.S. citizen ownership of foreign company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OksanaMarch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I am a U.S. citizen and I own a foreign company. The company is making money, but I use the money to grow the company.
I have never received any salary or dividends from this company. 2012 is the first year the company began making money. I am just trying to confirm that there is no tax due in the U.S. in this situation. Thank you.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I am a U.S. citizen and I own a foreign company. The company is making money, but I use the money to grow the company.
I have never received any salary or dividends from this company. 2012 is the first year the company began making money. I am just trying to confirm that there is no tax due in the U.S. in this situation. Thank you.
It does not matter if you use the money to grow the company. If you earn income in the Good old US of A, you gotta pay the tax man. You need the service of a CPA not a free advice forum as don't nearly have enough information to give you accurate advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">