• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfiled returns/new york state/lost w2s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tthhenno

What is the name of your state? New York

I am catching up on several years of unfiled tax returns. I went to a CPA and the federal returns were not that difficultes. The problem I am having is with the New York State returns. I had one income for the unfiled years and had NYS withholding taken out. The problem is that my employer from that time is telling me that they do not have copies of my old w2s and New York State, unlike the federal government, is telling me that they can not provide any record of taxes being withheld. I am in the position of having the pay the same taxes for the second time. Can anyone provide any advice on how I would be able to get records showing the NYS withholding tax that I paid for the years 1990-1998?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">