• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsure what to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isacruz

I live in Georgia. I am married to a non-citizen and have been going through immigration process for his permanent residence. We filed our taxes last year married and with a ITIN for him. He is now a permanent resident and had a SSN for two months last year, Should we file his wages earned before he received his SSN on this years taxes or just wages earned with the SSN?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

I live in Georgia. I am married to a non-citizen and have been going through immigration process for his permanent residence. We filed our taxes last year married and with a ITIN for him. He is now a permanent resident and had a SSN for two months last year, Should we file his wages earned before he received his SSN on this years taxes or just wages earned with the SSN?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
ARG...

Since you were going through the immigration process he was techncially not allowed to earn any income prior to being given INS permission to do so, correct?

You need a consult with both your immigration attorney and a tax professional, in conjuction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">