• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Tax for aliens question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtango

What is the name of your state? Delaware

I am a non-resident alien. No "green card", not living in the US, non-US spouse.

I trade stocks and options thru the internet, and as it was my only business in the US, I was tax exempt for the capital gains of that activity.

I recently incorporated a company in Delaware, to be used for internet marketing activities. I am the only owner. I want to know if because of the existence of this company now I'm no longer tax exempt for my personal stock and options trading activity.

If the answer is positive, if the company don't declare dividends from the company and reinvest all the earnings, can I continue to be tax exempt for the stock trading activity for that tax year?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">