• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

w-2 to multiple states?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timzh

What is the name of your state? ID

I moved to ID last year, so my last year's income came from two sources: one from ID, the other from the previous state. Now I need to file tax return to both states. My question is: do I need to send all copies of the W-2s (regardless of the source) to each state? Or just w-2 from the corresponding state source, i.e, just file W-2 from ID source to ID and W-2 from the previous state to the previous state?

But each state's form says a 'complete' copy of the federal tax return should be attached to the state form. The does the 'complete' copy include W-2 from other states?

Thanks.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? ID

I moved to ID last year, so my last year's income came from two sources: one from ID, the other from the previous state. Now I need to file tax return to both states. My question is: do I need to send all copies of the W-2s (regardless of the source) to each state? Or just w-2 from the corresponding state source, i.e, just file W-2 from ID source to ID and W-2 from the previous state to the previous state?

But each state's form says a 'complete' copy of the federal tax return should be attached to the state form. The does the 'complete' copy include W-2 from other states?

Thanks.
You would only send the W2s that pertain to the specific state. No, the complete federal copy would not include the W2s.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">