• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W2 is wrong! Married but health insurance taken out as "domestic parntner"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ptmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husbands company pays part of our health insurance. I don't know why, but they do not have us listed as married. His paycheck stubs say "domestic partner inc" and add in the amount they pay for our health insurance, $329.05 twice a month, then take it back out in the deductions, but because it is domestic partner it is showing as taxable income. This is on our 2006, 2007 and 2008 W2. We were married in July of 2005. The result is on our taxable wages there is an additional $8,000.00 in income that is not income. Please help, is there anything we can do? This makes a big difference in the amount of money we owe.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When your husband brought this error to the attention of his company's HR/Payroll department(s) and asked them to correct it, what did they say?

ptmom

Husbands employer

They said that we should have provided them with a copy of our marriage license instead of just filling out the form. Is there any way to make them change it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">