• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare recipient will she get her refund check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state?az
I am asking this question for a friends daughter. She has two young boys and when she had the youngest boy she was on welfare for a year while she stayed home with the baby( I won't go into my opinion on that ) anyway her ex boyfriend is suppose to pay child support but doesnt. She knows that if he files taxes that the state will take anything that he will be getting back to pay for the time she was on welfare. Will they be keeping her income tax return as well to pay the state back? She is making all these plans on how to spend her tax return and to me I would think the state would keep her returns as well to pay back the money she received on welfare. Is this correct?

abezon

Not unless the state has determined that she received some benefits fraudulently. Welfare is free, not a gov't loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">