• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can be done? Tax Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rose14

Ohio. My boyfriend subcontracted with a company for about 2 yrs doing floor maintanence & Carpet cleaning for their offices, he received a tax document stating that this company told the IRS that they paid him 87,500 in 2003 under misc tax document 1099. He has never made over 10,000 in a year. This tax document I'm assuming was used to either hide money or accredit the Co. with more of a deduction. He did not even work for this Co. in 2003. Is there any legal recourse for not only fraud but using his SS # to report to the IRS false documents and also putting him at risk with the IRS? Not to mention the possibility of using his SS# for other purposes as well :mad:

abezon

First, request a corrected 1099-MISC. The number was probably supposed to be $8750. If the company refuses, contact the IRS and report the company for tax fraud. Be prepared to prove that he only received $xxxx in 2003.

rose14

Fraud

He did not even work for the company in 2003, so there should have no 1099 filed for the year 2003, my question was is there anything we can do to sue the corporation for misuse of his SS#, and filing a false document in his with his name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">