• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to claim - Fed. Allowance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nhcredit

What is the name of your state? NH

I'm starting a new job coming up and I'm going to making 1/2 of what I use to make. Therefore, I'm trying to figure out what is the best Federal Allowance to claim. I am head of household, married, my spouce works, we have 1 child, and have a house. I'm thinking Married and 2 is ideal, but with 0 - 10, who knows what is best for Federal Allowance?? I don't want to pay back in come tax day, that much I know.

Any thoughts and/or ideas on how best to choose is appreciated. Thanks in Advance! :confused:

Snipes5

If you go to the IRS website, www.irs.gov you can download a form W-4. It has a series of calculations on the back that you can do to help you choose your withholding allowance.

There are too many variables for us to give you a definitive answer here.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">