• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Does This IRS Letter Mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenstar2008

I got a letter today from the IRS- letter 2797 BOD CODE SC CP ACS requesting my signature along with confirmation of my address. I was able to find out that ACS means 'Automated Collections System' and I read about that as well- and that the BOD CODE stands for 'small business.' In other words they may be looking to collect back taxes I owe (which I do) but I don't own a small business! Did they make a mistake? The letter also came from Memphis, Tn. but I live in Texas- I don't understand that. So what happens next? Are they going to send a letter to my employer and begin garnishing my wages?

LdiJ

I got a letter today from the IRS- letter 2797 BOD CODE SC CP ACS requesting my signature along with confirmation of my address. I was able to find out that ACS means 'Automated Collections System' and I read about that as well- and that the BOD CODE stands for 'small business.' In other words they may be looking to collect back taxes I owe (which I do) but I don't own a small business! Did they make a mistake? The letter also came from Memphis, Tn. but I live in Texas- I don't understand that. So what happens next? Are they going to send a letter to my employer and begin garnishing my wages?
I recommend that you take all of the paperwork and go get a consult with a local tax professional immediately.

You don't need a high priced tax attorney or CPA, you just need someone well versed in dealing with IRS collections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">