• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happens to 2008 wages issued in 2009

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truebluemd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? md

quick question. If you are paid earning in 2009 that you maid in 2008, does it count toward the 2009 earnings or the 2008 earnings.

For instance. If my jobs pay period ended the last two weeks in december 2008, but the check isnt issued until the first week in January2008, do those earning go toward my 2009 earnings although I worked those hours in 2008?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? md

quick question. If you are paid earning in 2009 that you maid in 2008, does it count toward the 2009 earnings or the 2008 earnings.

For instance. If my jobs pay period ended the last two weeks in december 2008, but the check isnt issued until the first week in January2008, do those earning go toward my 2009 earnings although I worked those hours in 2008?
Individual taxpayers are cashed based taxpayers. That means that the date that you received the money is what counts. The pay will be on your 2009 W2.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">