• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I don't have a 2007 AGI nor a 2007 PIN?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marcosm64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Hi, in 2008 I did an internship in the US, before that I had never worked in the US.

I was filling my tax return using a website I got from the irs.gov site, it is isecuretax.com, at the end it asks for your 2007 AGI or 2007 PIN, since I had neither I left that blank and submitted. My form got rejected and even though they did not specify why I think it was because of this.

So my question is, does anyone know what I have to do to file for tax return if I don't have a 2007 AGI nor a 2007 PIN?

davew128

This isn't a technical support forum, however there is this wonderful invention brought to us by the Egyptian culture several thousand years ago. We know it now as paper.

Marcosm64

This isn't a technical support forum, however there is this wonderful invention brought to us by the Egyptian culture several thousand years ago. We know it now as paper.
My question is not technical and I'd rather not use paper since I'm not in the US anymore.

I doubt it is impossible to efile in my situation.

Smart ass comments not appreciated, just say it in your mind and chuckle to yourself please :)

CourtClerk

My question is not technical and I'd rather not use paper since I'm not in the US anymore.

Smart ass comments not appreciated, just say it in your mind and chuckle to yourself please :)
Actually, I think the efile programs are all requiring last year's PIN or AGI, so paper may be your only option.

Oh, and you don't get to decide how people respond here. You asked for an answer, you got it.

Marcosm64

Actually, I think the efile programs are all requiring last year's PIN or AGI, so paper may be your only option.

Oh, and you don't get to decide how people respond here. You asked for an answer, you got it.
Ah well that's not good news, thanks for your response though.

And you are quite right, people have the right to be jerks, and I have the right to say I don't appreciate it.

EDIT: Bolded the thanks in case anyone missed it.

Last edited:

CourtClerk

And you are quite right, people have the right to be jerks, and I have the right to say I don't appreciate it.
The only jerky response was given by you. However, if you don't appreciate the responses, the other right you have is to seek your answers elsewhere.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Nobody was a jerk here and nobody called any names before you let your fingers talk with the brain in neutral.

Marcosm64

The only jerky response was given by you. However, if you don't appreciate the responses, the other right you have is to seek your answers elsewhere.
I don't know what kind of manners you have that perceive that sarcastic response as respectful. But whatever, I guess different cultures have different standards.

I got my answer, you lawyers can continue to fight amongst yourselves, personally I find the passive aggressive attitudes displayed here uncomfortable so I will take your advise and leave.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know what kind of manners you have that perceive that sarcastic response as respectful. But whatever, I guess different cultures have different standards.

I got my answer, you lawyers can continue to fight amongst yourselves, personally I find the passive aggressive attitudes displayed here uncomfortable so I will take your advise and leave.
Great - glad you got the information you needed. You're welcome!

davew128

My question is not technical
I suppose you have a different term for what someone's website is asking you for?

and I'd rather not use paper since I'm not in the US anymore.
That's too bad.

Again, it relates back to that technical support thing. A consumer using a commercial e-file site/program is subject to different e-file protocols than using the services of a paid professional preparer and ERO. Using a paid preparer, what you're trying to do is possible. Preparing it yourself and using an online service? Again, refer back to my first response.

Yawn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">