• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the income tax requirements for 22 year olds?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

applebuilder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Does anyone know the individual income tax requirements for 22 year olds?.

Last edited:

cyjeff

Income taxes are calculated based upon the amount of income earned. Your age, once past 18, has little to do with it.

Now, if you are still a student, there may also be an exception there...

applebuilder

Thanks for the reply. I understand age isn't a major factor but I was under the impression that the actual figure requirement of the income you earn varied with separate age groups, i.e. over or under 64, or whatever the number is. I thought 22 might be part of a separate group. Unfortunately I don't qualify as a full time student.

cyjeff

Thanks for the reply. I understand age isn't a major factor but I was under the impression that the actual figure requirement of the income you earn varied with separate age groups, i.e. over or under 64, or whatever the number is. I thought 22 might be part of a separate group. Unfortunately I don't qualify as a full time student.
Over 65 does have it's own tax law for certain things (like being able to take money out of a retirement account without penalty), but any money earned still gets taxed.

The amount you pay is calculated solely on your income... your age has nothing to do with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">