• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What reporting am I required to do for Pension Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrcontext

Hello,

I am self-employed, and several years ago I had set up a Pension Plan for my business (a Sole Proprietorship). Around September of last year, the company that was providing Trustee Services resigned (they were getting out of that business) and I didn't get around to filling out the paperwork to take on a different company to provide trustee services, so now the account has reverting to having me as the trustee for the Pension Plan.

What reporting am I required to do to maintain the tax-deferred status of the Plan? If I have missed a deadline, is it too late to make it right?

Thank you,

Eric

davew128

Hire a tax professional with experience in retirement plan filings to review what the plan status is, if a return needs to be filed, and anything else relevant to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">