• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who claims the children?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsa7814

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Arizona
In the divorce papers I am supposed to claim the children on the odd years and my ex on the even years. But for certain reasons we need to swap years, will we need to refile these changes with the court or can we just have a notorized contract made up without changing all the paperwork?

Heatherna

You need to have a document drawn up, you or your ex can type it up, just describing that you want to claim in the off year, and that in return, he can claim the next year, vice versa, and then take it and have it notorized.

I work for Jackson Hewitt during tax season, and that is all that the IRS requires. You don't have to send it in with your return, but you need to keep it, just in case you get audited or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">