• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I Get My Money If I Report Tax Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AQHASHAN

What is the name of your state?OH
I started work in aug. 2004 and did not recieve a pay check untill oct. my boss paid me 1.50 cash under the table and said it was with taxes taken out. when i recieved my first check it was for a full 2 week period (2.13 hr)...all of a sudden he would pay me the 1.50 every other week and still give me a 2 week check {for 1 week} at 2.13.ive estimated a loss of over 2,396 and the kicker was i couldnt recieve my EIC because my total w2 said for 4 MONTHS I RECIEVED $649 TOTAL WAGES.Should i report him for tax fraud and if so will i be reimbursed for my w2s being messed up? HELLLPPPP!!!!! :confused:

Snipes5

Obviously something is missing from the information you supplied.

$649 in wages won't exclude anyone from EIC, unless they don't meet the other criteria.

I honestly think I would have hit the road the first time I finished a workweek and wasn't paid.

And is the minimum wage in Ohio seriously $2.13 an hour? Odd, since the Federal minimum is something like $6.50.

So you're receiving under the table pay and not paying SS and Medicare taxes on it, and you're worried about your EIC...

Uh, ok.

Snipes

AQHASHAN

of coarse im worried about my ss and medicare...i want to pay into that to secure my future. by no means is that not going through my head. i was lead to believe that he was going to compensate on my w2s the tax hes been taking out of my cash pay. hes pocketed .63 for every 1.50 he paid me.... where did that go? it should have been reported- am i to blame for taking the cash in the first place? if that is the case then i want my full 2.13 for the last 6 months.....

Snipes5

Social Security isn't going to secure your future, trust me.

And the minuscule amount of it on 6 mos worth of wages at $2.13 an hour wouldn't really make a difference anyway.

Do your taxes as best you can, or hire a professional to do them, then put this behind you and fuggedaboudit.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">