• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will my fiance's past financial issues affect my credit and what I own?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juliemtp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I'm about to get married. My fiance has some finacial issues that happened before we met. I want to make certain that the things I own and my credit can't be touched when we get married. His name is not on anything and won't be after the marriage. He spoke with his bankrupcy lawyer and his workers comp lawyer, both of which said I can't be affected due to I didn't know him when the issues came about.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I'm about to get married. My fiance has some finacial issues that happened before we met. I want to make certain that the things I own and my credit can't be touched when we get married. His name is not on anything and won't be after the marriage. He spoke with his bankrupcy lawyer and his workers comp lawyer, both of which said I can't be affected due to I didn't know him when the issues came about.
The only way to make sure you are truly protected is to keep everything completely separated. The moment you co-mingle funds or accounts you muddy the waters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">