• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will they audit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Evguen

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. I have a question about IRS. Suppose one makes an expensive cash purchase( house) ,but doesnt make alot of money ,will IRS question the purchase? I plan on borrwing money from parents and relatives and dont want get them and myself into troubles? Any help is appreciated.

Snipes5

IRS interest is unlikely for something that is a one-time thing rather than a pattern.

Just make sure everything is well documented.

Snipes

Evguen

Thank you, Snipes5. By "documented" do you mean a written note ? Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Do it anyway

Whenever borrowing or lending money, get it in writing.

Thins happen. Marriages, divorces, death, children.Put it in writing so there is no confision later. The audit is simple. If the IRS calls, can you prove where the money comes from. If yes, then you have no problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">