• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working under the table

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in Massachusetts. My ex lives in Florida and is working under the table to avoid paying child support. The state of Massachusetts has contacted the employer about my ex being employed there but the employer denies my ex's employment with him. The ex admits to me that he is working there, his name is on their website as a contact for customers and when you call the workplace and ask for him he gets on the phone......so he definately works there.
I was getting nowhere trying to get the state of Massachusetts to do anything about this besides sending multiple forms to the employer that kept getting sent back so I filled out a 3949a to report him and the employer to the IRS back in June. As far as I know the IRS has done nothing, and the ex continues to be paid under the table. Is there anyone else I can contact or is there anything I can do to make the employer put him on the books so he will have to pay support and taxes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">