• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried Fiancee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jediknight

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My financee is worried about a couple of things that are haunting me financially. First I have a couple of tax leins. These were incurred years before we met and she thinks that if we tie the knot the IRS can take anything she has.

Secondly, we thinks that because we live in community property state that any bills I have she wouls be responsible for. I don't see how a creditor could come after someone that is not even on the installment contract.

Am I correct in this assumption?

thanks,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jediknight said:

My financee is worried about a couple of things that are haunting me financially. First I have a couple of tax leins. These were incurred years before we met and she thinks that if we tie the knot the IRS can take anything she has.

Secondly, we thinks that because we live in community property state that any bills I have she wouls be responsible for. I don't see how a creditor could come after someone that is not even on the installment contract.

thanks,

My response:

Why would two deadbeats want to get married? Are you two planning on living out of a cardboard box next to a heater exhaust vent?

You can't afford to be married. Hell, you two can't even afford to change your minds!

If you're working, pay off your debts first. Then you can "think" about getting married. And please, if you haven't already had children, please don't start.

IAAL

jediknight

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Why would two deadbeats want to get married? Are you two planning on living out of a cardboard box next to a heater exhaust vent?

You can't afford to be married. Hell, you two can't even afford to change your minds!

If you're working, pay off your debts first. Then you can "think" about getting married. And please, if you haven't already had children, please don't start.

IAAL
First I don't appreciate your sarcastic remarks anad we live very well..thank you. I thought this forum actually had people with intelligence, not some bozo who has nothing better to do.

If anyone has some real input I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jediknight said:
First I don't appreciate your sarcastic remarks anad we live very well..thank you. I thought this forum actually had people with intelligence, not some bozo who has nothing better to do.

If anyone has some real input I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

My response:

You "have a couple of tax leins" and other debts that you're not paying, and somehow I'm the Bozo? Perhaps your brain is just a bit skewed, because if you "live very well", and you have "tax liens", then someone on your side of the screen is telling lies.

Also, my remarks weren't "sarcastic" - - they were snide.

IAAL

Last edited:

jediknight

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You "have a couple of tax leins" and other debts that you're not paying, and somehow I'm the Bozo? Perhaps your brain is just a bit skewed, because if you "live very well", and you have "tax liens", then someone on your side of the screen is telling lies.

Also, my remarks weren't "sarcastic" - - they were snide.

IAAL
I said I had tax leins and did not say I wasn't paying my bills, that was your presumption. I merely asked a question and was looking for an intelligent answer...I guess that's too much to ask on this forum.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jediknight said:
I said I had tax leins and did not say I wasn't paying my bills, that was your presumption. I merely asked a question and was looking for an intelligent answer...I guess that's too much to ask on this forum.

My response:

Excuse me, but correct me if I'm wrong - - but, if you have tax liens, doesn't that mean you're too poor to pay your bills?

Look, you can't afford to be married. You can't afford a pot to piss in. Your fiance' needs to run, not walk, away from you. You're an extreme liability.

IAAL

RanchLady

jediknight said:

thanks,

Jedi,

I had a similer situation;

I was a stay at homewife, my ex husband was self employed, 5 years after our divorced his business was raided by the IRS which resulted in a huge audit. After ten years and both of going through hell.we ended up with an out of this world tax bill. 970,000.00. "I signed the returns without ever question. And I benifitted from the unreported income, If I did'nt know I should have" (IRS) this was before innocent spouse rules. They are not kind.

Resolve the tax Issue first before marriage.
Offer in compermise . get it behind you. And NEVER EVER SIGN ON SOMEONE ELSES TAX RETURN, EVER Keep all finances seperate. forever until you tax bills are paid.

my 2 cents

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">