• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 years later!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

handyman20

I had a total knee replacement in February of 1998, and subsequently went through the necessary therapy afterwards. I thought all bills had been taken care of by my medical insurance. Last week (week of 3/19/00) I received a bill from the therapy group stating that I owe them $210 of copayments that are outstanding after my medical insurance paid their part. This is the 1st time I have been billed by the therapy group. I questioned the lateness of the billing and was told it had been "locked up" in a billing computer that has been in the process of an upgrade. At this point in time I no longer have records of what had or had not been paid, as I thought everything had been covered by now. How long can I legally be held responsible for a bill if I have never been billed since the operation & therapy 2 years ago? I have been told I am not responsible for anything after one year, but it was not related to me by someone in the legal community. Any help would be appreciated. handyman20

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">