• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

85 year old Grandmother received a judgement and I share her property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejallen

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a post about a student loan judgement but I also need to get details for her condo where I am also an owner. Details on the default in this thread.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/85-year-old-grandmother-received-judgement-for-grandsons-student-loans.663952/

Due to the above post related to my mother co-signed student loan for her grandson twenty years ago, the state is processing a judgement on her and she can't pay it.

I helped her purchase her condo and I'm an owner as well on the paperwork but she has the homestead in her name.

We both have invested in the property over the last 10 years and we need to understand how this affects each of us with a judgement on the only asset she has.

I don't know what to provide here since all the details are in the other thread.

Help is needed and appreciated.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a post about a student loan judgement but I also need to get details for her condo where I am also an owner. Details on the default in this thread.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/85-year-old-grandmother-received-judgement-for-grandsons-student-loans.663952/

Due to the above post related to my mother co-signed student loan for her grandson twenty years ago, the state is processing a judgement on her and she can't pay it.

I helped her purchase her condo and I'm an owner as well on the paperwork but she has the homestead in her name.

We both have invested in the property over the last 10 years and we need to understand how this affects each of us with a judgement on the only asset she has.

I don't know what to provide here since all the details are in the other thread.

Help is needed and appreciated.
Please keep all related posts in one thread. Thanks.

This thread has been reported for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">