• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

85 year old Grandmother received judgement for Grandson's student loans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What on earth kind of student loan did this kid get that would be involved with the state's attorney? I have seen all sorts of collection efforts made on student loans, and I have never heard of something like this one sounds like. I have seen situations where grandparents co-signed 20 years ago, and then were contacted by collections agents from the loan companies who threatened things, but really.....
State financial aid for students is a possibility.

quincy

UPDATE 03/09/24

Thank you so much for all the time and advice. We have a response from legal aid and a process for relief.

All of you provide a great service and support
Thank you for the update, mejallen. I am glad that you heard back from legal aid.

I hope everything is resolved soon so that your mom no longer has to worry about her grandson’s debt.

We all appreciate the thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">