• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

menbro

What is the name of your state? IL

We have two kids, 4 and a 2 yo, special needs.
I work full time from home and she is well aware of me being able to watch them while she works.

She has a long history of working at the same employer 10 years + , she also has a degree, but never held a job ever in that field.

She works part-time (her last three years incomes are $48k (2020 ), $29K (2019, second son born) and $77K (2018 First son was 2 yo at this time),) and refuses to go back to work, even when she knows I am fully capable of taking care of the kids, and she has a history of working full time hours previously.

I make $103k, we own a house together, to which she has contributed nothing, I pay all the bills, mortgage etc.

Is there a strategy to get her income imputed to full time hours in IL, specially Du page county.

My attorney wants to subpeona her work to see if she is capable of working full time hours.

Just Blue

I work full time from home and she is well aware of me being able to watch them while she works.

She has a long history of working at the same employer 10 years + , she also has a degree, but never held a job ever in that field.

She works part-time (her last three years incomes are $48k (2020 ), $29K (2019, second son born) and $77K (2018 First son was 2 yo at this time),) and refuses to go back to work, even when she knows I am fully capable of taking care of the kids, and she has a history of working full time hours previously.

I make $103k, we own a house together, to which she has contributed nothing, I pay all the bills, mortgage etc.

Is there a strategy to get her income imputed to full time hours in IL, specially Du page county.

My attorney wants to subpeona her work to see if she is capable of working full time hours.

This is something you should discuss with your attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

She has contributed nothing? I highly doubt that. Her income is used for something. How long have you been married? You could possibly get her imputed however you need to listen to your attorney.

menbro

She has contributed nothing? I highly doubt that. Her income is used for something. How long have you been married? You could possibly get her imputed however you need to listen to your attorney.
She did contribute a little in the beginning, but then stopped (only paid utility bills in the beginning stages when we first got our house, 5 years back, but then stopped contributing to those as well 2 years back).

But she hasn't paid a single dime towards the mortgage or the upkeep/maintenance of the house.

I honestly dont even know where her income goes, she has her own account where her income goes to, and uses her income to pay her own debts/expenses.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She also gave birth to and nourished the two children. And she is in the home doing something. Hence, you can't say she does nothing and you do everything. You are destroying your credibility with stuff like that.

menbro

She also gave birth to and nourished the two children. And she is in the home doing something. Hence, you can't say she does nothing and you do everything. You are destroying your credibility with stuff like that.
Thanks appreciate it, thats what I wanted to hear.

I was never contemplating she does nothing, but to me it sounds like, dad's have alot more to prove to fight for joint parenting time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks appreciate it, thats what I wanted to hear.

I was never contemplating she does nothing, but to me it sounds like, dad's have alot more to prove to fight for joint parenting time.
No. The issue with you is you have basically tried to present you are the sole caregiver and chief earner and she does nothing but she could and she gets NO CREDIT for your home or property or anything. NOT TRUE. Your credibility is an issue in that I question in what ways you are exaggerating in your threads. Which harms both alimony and child custody determination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">