• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brianlrb

My Bio father was ordered by the state of california in 1971 to pay child support. My mother never received one cent from him because he has been in federal prison every year since. Recently my grqandmother passed and there was no will so he was the legal heir to her estate, which he did inherite. However, he knew I was going to sue him for back support so he gave everything to my cousin. Howevere, I obtained the probate documents and in their family agreement it state that my bio father will receive moneys from an income property when needed. That property is worth $90,000.00. The property ownership is in my cousins name. Is there a way I could sue my father for that property since that clause is in their family agreement? No my mother is not able to persue this back support at this time she is having heart problems and I do not want her to have to go to court.

regards,

B.R.Walters

B

brianlrb

It sounds like legalbeagle needs to hit the books or currently owes some back support.

I guess that is why this is FREE ADVICE because that is all that it is worth.

First there is no Statutes of Limitations on child support only accumulated interest. Second, inheritance is not exempt once the moneys have been received.

LegalBeagle

brianlrb said:
It sounds like legalbeagle needs to hit the books or currently owes some back support.

I guess that is why this is FREE ADVICE because that is all that it is worth.

First there is no Statutes of Limitations on child support only accumulated interest. Second, inheritance is not exempt once the moneys have been received.

I suggest you retain your own attorney and pay for the same advice you have just been given. If you know so much why would you ask if YOU could sue your father ? such a basic question and yet you had no idea of the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">