• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snarang

I have a bank account in Milwaukee in Wisconsin.
On 4th Dec2000 I had instructed my bank (by fax, Confirmed by phone and sent the original by post) to transfer some money to my other bank in India for my Parents medical purposes. I was informed that my money will be transferred in 3-4 working days.
Based on this I issued 2 cheques on 14th to withdraw money from the bank in India.
On 26th my parents informed me that the cheques got bounced (rejected) because of insufficient funds. My bank in Milwaukee informed me that by mistake funds were sent somewhere else and that they will resend the funds.
As of 10th Jan money is not transferred to my bank in India and my parents had to take personal loan from people to pay for their medical and other expenses. My bank statement is showing the amount debited i.e funds transferred.
Please advise what legal action can I take against the bank and can I file a suit for loss of reputation and health danger of my parents and loss of peace of mind. Right now Iam based in Bangkok, Thailand.

ALawyer

TOUGH factual situation as banks do make mistakes and real financial damages likely would be required. I doubt tht it is worth your while to go to a place where the bank does business, sue the bank, and go thru the costs. But that's a personal opinion. The bank would send a letter of apology I am sure and that may help with the damage to your parents' reputation, as it is THEIR reputation, not yours that may have been tarnished. Also, one never should write checks without confirming the funds have been received, and that alone would make your case too weak.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">