• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alicia

I have a friend who is sending child support payments to his ex-wife, for his baby. He even offered to pay more than he was supposed to. They live in different cities, and she wont let him visit his baby. Also he suspects that most of the money he sends does not go to the baby. What should he do? Who can he call?

LegalBeagle

Alicia said:
I have a friend who is sending child support payments to his ex-wife, for his baby. He even offered to pay more than he was supposed to. They live in different cities, and she wont let him visit his baby. Also he suspects that most of the money he sends does not go to the baby. What should he do? Who can he call?
He retains an attorney and files for court ordered visitation. Also, make sure the CS is court ordered otherwise it can come back to bite his butt later.

What the mother does with the money is irrelevant. If she is neglecting or abusing the baby, that is another matter.

W

Wes

My question is more of a moral one than a legal one so be warned.
--
I'm a military member overseas.
I was stationed in Japan where I meet a girl from the Philipenes, we dated briefly. (bout 4months) Then we parted ways.
Months lator I beacame engaged with an old flame I had dated off and on for 7yrs. back in my home town. About two weeks before we were to be married, I get a phone call from guess who. She says she's pregnant with my child I have a hard time believing her, cuz its been over 6 months since I had even spoke with her, much less well you know. Any ways, I tell my fiance, and we work it out together side by side. My wife has been a very supportive
in all of this.
--
It turns out I was the bilogical father by a margin of 99.94%, so child support was made through the courts, and I believe this gave her citizenship status.
--
Its been two years, all payments on time, and she is threatening to move to another country if I don't leave my HAPPY marriage, and be a "better father to my son" as she puts it. (in other words she thinks we should be married because we have a child together)She is saying that I don't do enough, is this harrassment???
--
Final note does this happen often in these situations?
Thanks I could really use the advice, I'm sorry its so jumbled up.

LegalBeagle

Wes said:
My question is more of a moral one than a legal one so be warned.
--
I'm a military member overseas.
I was stationed in Japan where I meet a girl from the Philipenes, we dated briefly. (bout 4months) Then we parted ways.
Months lator I beacame engaged with an old flame I had dated off and on for 7yrs. back in my home town. About two weeks before we were to be married, I get a phone call from guess who. She says she's pregnant with my child I have a hard time believing her, cuz its been over 6 months since I had even spoke with her, much less well you know. Any ways, I tell my fiance, and we work it out together side by side. My wife has been a very supportive
in all of this.
--
It turns out I was the bilogical father by a margin of 99.94%, so child support was made through the courts, and I believe this gave her citizenship status.
--
Its been two years, all payments on time, and she is threatening to move to another country if I don't leave my HAPPY marriage, and be a "better father to my son" as she puts it. (in other words she thinks we should be married because we have a child together)She is saying that I don't do enough, is this harrassment???
--
Final note does this happen often in these situations?
Thanks I could really use the advice, I'm sorry its so jumbled up.
Does she still live in Japan ? Having your child does not give her citizen rights to the US or even allows her to move to the US. The court that ordered the CS was in Japan or US ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">