• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College Screwed Up Financial Aid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paddywakk

The university grant in CA is a state grant, not federal. No matter who helms ED (federal department of education, DOE stands for department of energy), they have nothing to do with it. Hopefully, when the OP meets with the FA office, he/she will find out if there's a criteria not met.

quincy

JohnWRD said, "I'm not even sure I'm entitled to the money." He first should find out from financial aid if any grant money is actually available to him. It would be easier for him to borrow money now if he knows he has funds coming in later.

OpenLaw

The university grant in CA is a state grant, not federal. No matter who helms ED (federal department of education, DOE stands for department of energy), they have nothing to do with it. Hopefully, when the OP meets with the FA office, he/she will find out if there's a criteria not met.
DOE % Energy comes up as Department of Education in West. I thought ED was Erectile Dysfunction.

quincy

DOE % Energy comes up as Department of Education in West. I thought ED was Erectile Dysfunction.
What "West" are you talking about?

DOE is the Department of Energy. ED or, less frequently, DoEd are the abbreviations for the Department of Education.

And neither the Department of Education nor the Department of Energy will provide John any assistance with his state university grant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">