• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of Interest Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

Thank you. We don't yet know what jurisdiction we will possibly have. It could be Florida, New Hamshire, or even South Africa.

Contacted four law offices, two have a conflict of interest, two are still researching conflict of interest.

quincy

Thank you. We don't yet know what jurisdiction we will possibly have. It could be Florida, New Hamshire, or even South Africa.

Contacted four law offices, two have a conflict of interest, two are still researching conflict of interest.
I heard once of a fellow who planned to sue his neighbor and, before he did, he made appointments and met with most if not all of the attorneys/firms in the city to discuss the details of his legal issue, so his neighbor/future defendant would have difficulty finding a local attorney to represent him.

Good luck with your legal action, STEPHAN.

STEPHAN

A long time ago when I sued a newspaper in Germany I had a hard time finding a good law firm to represent me, as they were using all the big ones for small billing issues, so they could not work against them. My lawyer friend (and best man) made up for the lack of knowledge in the field with his dedication and we won.

(BTW: My wife is still upset after 26 years that I turned around during the wedding and asked him if it is okay to sign these papers.)

Good luck with your legal action, STEPHAN.
Thank you, Quincy.

Last edited:

quincy

A long time ago when I sued a newspaper in Germany I had a hard time finding a good law firm to represent me, as they were using all the big ones for small billing issues, so they could not work against them. My lawyer friend (and best man) made up for the lack of knowledge in the field with his dedication and we won.

(BTW: My wife is still upset after 26 years that I turned around during the wedding and asked him if it is okay to sign these papers.)

Thank you, Quincy.
You won a lawsuit against a newspaper! I am impressed. That is no easy task (at least in the U.S.).

And your wife has stayed with you. That might be even more impressive. Haha.

Again, good luck. There should be an attorney somewhere who can handle your case without conflict.

STEPHAN

You won a lawsuit against a newspaper! I am impressed. That is no easy task (at least in the U.S.).
Well, that, unfortunately, did not mean much. In Germany, if you can not prove real damage, only some loss of reputation, fines are very small. I believe they paid about $3000 and court fees. But they never mentioned me again.

I now have at least one lawyer who can represent me.

quincy

Well, that, unfortunately, did not mean much. In Germany, if you can not prove real damage, only some loss of reputation, fines are very small. I believe they paid about $3000 and court fees. But they never mentioned me again.

I now have at least one lawyer who can represent me.
Awards can be as low as $1 in the U.S. if injury cannot be demonstrated so $3000 is not too bad, all things considered. :)

Good news about finding the lawyer.

Just Blue

@scott_cummings Your signature line violates the TOS of this site. Also, as you're purporting to be an attorney, you are required to be vetted by the Administrator of this site.
Your post has been reported for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">