• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deducting for Medical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AbeAndMe

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York
The company my husband works for has an HAP plan. Last year they required all employees who participate in HAP to have blood work done by October 1, 2003. If not you would pay extra each month for 6 months until the next blood screening was due. In the employees hand book dated January 2003 it states that blood work and results must be submitted to HAP no later than October 1, 2003. In a Benefits booklet dated April 2003 that was sent out to all employees it states the blood screening is to be completed by October 1, 2003 and states nothing about it being sent to HAP by October 1, 2003. My husband had blood work done September 24, 2003. In Januaru 04, we noticed his check was short and found out that HAP was taking money out because they said my husband did not have blood work done. We sent paperwork showing it was done. They denied his claim to stop the extra money coming out. We appealed it and they denied again, saying that yes, they discovered that he did have the blood work done, HOWEVER, they did not receive results until October 10, 2003, and that if we can prove they got it earlier than that,that may have a different outcome on an appeal. We have typed up another appeal letter stating the differences in the two books regarding dates. We also asked the question of how do we know that they received the results in Oct and not Sept. How do we know that it was not just sitting in a mail room somewhere. Also told them about the trouble we are having now about submitting a Doctor bill. We have sent this bill in 4 different times and even faxed it several times and all that just since the end of April. They keep telling us they haven't received the bill. Finally we just sent it certified 2 weeks ago. Haven't received the return receipt yet. We have called and the address we are sending it to is correct. Anyway, sorry getting off track here. We wanted to let them know that there are problems with their mail system. So, I guess my question is after this terribly long story is, is there something that we are missing. Is there anyway to fight this and get that money back. Any input will be greatly appreciated. And sorry this was so long. I promise you the letter we wrote to them for Appeal was shorter.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">